2008년 12월 3일 수요일

10th Posting

I read up to chapter 23. As I expected, the words of the white were stronger than the words of the blacks, and there is a very high possibility that Tom Robinson would be sentenced to death. I feel sorry for Atticus. He tried very hard to put justice into action, not a prejudiced mind that all blacks are criminals. However, his efforts were futile, and he lost the trial, with Tom becoming officially  guilty of raping a white woman. Good thing that racism is not as harsh and extreme as this anymore nowadays.
Now that Tom is guilty, I am pretty positive that the Mockingbird is Tom. I think Atticus will somehow relate his hunting story of killing a mockingbird to executing Tom. I got this feeling because even though Atticus was very good at hunting, too good that once even called "one-shot Finch," he never even mentioned about it to his children. I think there must be a deep, long story behind it. I hope I can finish this book soon.

댓글 없음: